[Wrf-users] ungrib.exe error

Gisele dos Santos Zepka giselezepka at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 17:23:37 MST 2011

Hi Kevin,

In DomainWizard, after I configure the domains, I complete the time specifications in namelist.input and then add the input data to run the geogrid, ungrib and metgrid. The time specifications shown in the previous email are really from the namelist.input. So far so good. I believe the problem is the date and time of the last GFS file, because it is gfs_4_20091203_0000_024.grb2 instead of gfs_4_20091204_0000_000.grb2. There is a disagreement between the simulation end date that I have set in namelist.input and the date of the last GFS file. The ungrib.exe calls for exactly that and not run claiming error.

I have thought just to rename the last GFS file to gfs_4_20091204_0000_000.grb2.

I will appreciate any suggestion.

Gisele