[Wrf-users] sources of SST data

Hahmann, Andrea N. ahah at risoe.dtu.dk
Fri Sep 23 02:53:05 MDT 2011

Dear Sam

Do you mean for real-time runs or retrospective simulations?
For real-time runs, we have recently started using the 1/12 degree SSTs
(called rtgssthr_grb_0.083.grib2).  I was having strange issues in the
northern Baltic when using the 0.5 degree (sst2dvar_grb_0.5.grib2) data.
The data is one day behind, good enough.
The data is available from their ftp site:
ftp://ftpprd.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/data/nccf/com/gfs/prod/sst.<date>

Hope this helps,
Andrea
----
Andrea N. Hahmann
Senior Scientist
Wind Energy Division
Risø DTU

Technical University of Denmark
Risø National Laboratory for Sustainable Energy
Frederikborgvej 399, P.O. Box 49
4000 Roskilde, Denmark

Direct +45 4677 5471
Mobil: +45 2133 0550