[Wrf-users] How to limit number of threads in 'smpar' OpenMP runs?

Kevin Matthew Nuss wrf at nusculus.com
Sat Sep 10 12:41:21 MDT 2011

Hi Anders,

The "OMP_NUM_THREADS=4" needs to be set pryor to running the program rather
than before compiling. That environmental variable from the shell is checked
implicitly at the beginning of each run. I have used it on my Linux
workstation in the past. I imagine the newer releases will work just fine
too, although I have not tried it with any "ideal" simulations.

Kevin