[Wrf-users] WRF Seasonal Variations

Hahmann, Andrea N. ahah at risoe.dtu.dk
Sat Sep 3 02:42:35 MDT 2011

This is only true if using WRF V3.3.   And always check your output to make sure that the important variables (I.e. Albedo, surface roughness, etc) are being changed and used in the simulations.  In previous versions, the output field Z0 (background surface roughness length) changes with time, but this field was not actually used in the model calculations, ZNT was actually the field being used and it had only two values, one for summer and one for winter.

Andrea
----
Andrea N. Hahmann
Senior Scientist
Wind Energy Division
Risø DTU

Technical University of Denmark
Risø National Laboratory for Sustainable Energy
Frederikborgvej 399, P.O. Box 49
4000 Roskilde, Denmark

Direct +45 4677 5471
Mobil: +45 2133 0550