[Wrf-users] TKE and velocity perturbation output?

Feng Liu FLiu at azmag.gov
Fri Sep 2 12:31:59 MDT 2011

Anders,
The option of km_opt is about calculation of turbulent diffusivity. If you want to have TKE in your output, you need to (1) use PBL schemes of TKE-related closure such as Mellor-Yamada-Janjic TKE scheme, MYNN 2.5/3rd  level  schemes; (2) to modify entries in IO column for TKE output in Registry file.  I hope that is helpful.
Feng