[Wrf-users] WRFVAR with radiance takes forever

M Kudsy mkudsy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 22:31:26 MDT 2011

Dear all,

I am now attempting radiance assimilation using WRFvar 3.3, in which I used
the testing data obtained from the internet. The assimilated data was
obtained from WRF

gdas1.t12z.1bamua.tm00.bufr_d.linux ---> amsua.bufr
gdas1.t12z.1bamub.tm00.bufr_d.linux ---> amsub.bufr
gdas1.t12z.prepbufr.nr.linux               ---> ob.bufr

for the date 2008020512 I obtained from Summer Tutorial in Korea

My friend said that the files on the internet are in big_endian linux
format, so I use ssrc.exe to convert them to little_endia, use cwordsh to
unblock and reblock but the run did not proceed as expected. After I left
the computer for one hour, even one night it stuck as the following

[kudsy at cumulus 2008020512]$ ./da_wrfvar.exe
***  VARIATIONAL ANALYSIS ***
 Namelist perturbation not found in namelist.input. Using registry defaults
for variables in perturbation
 DYNAMICS OPTION: Eulerian Mass Coordinate
    alloc_space_field: domain            1 ,             625600848  bytes
allocated
 WRF TILE   1 IS      1 IE     89 JS      1 JE     59
 WRF NUMBER OF TILES =   1
Set up observations (ob)

Using BUFR format observation input

PREPBUFR ob with quality marker <= 3 will be retained.

I attached the namelist.

I use gfortran and gcc compilers for building the wrfvar and the libraries.

Is there any clue please?
--
Mahally Kudsy
Weather Modification Technology Center