[Wrf-users] Help Needed

Agnes Mika agnes.mika at bmtargoss.com
Tue Aug 9 09:29:57 MDT 2011

Hallo,

 It does make sense to me that you don't see anything near the
 boundaries. Vorticity is defined as: dv/dx - du/dy (but then partial
 derivatives), thus you need data from surrounding grid points to be
 able to compute it for a given grid point. On/close to the boundary
 you don't have enough data, so your program probably does not compute
 it.

Greetings,
Agnes

rajuattada wrote:
> Dear All,
>
>  When i am plotting NCEP data for vorticity, it is not displaying near the my boundaries(boarders).
>
>  I enclosed plotted one. Just find the attachment.
>
>  Please give me suggestions.......

Dr. Ágnes Mika
Advisor, Meteorology and Air Quality

Tel:    +31 (0)527-242299
Fax:    +31 (0)527-242016
Web:    www.bmtargoss.com

BMT ARGOSS
P.O. Box 61, 8325 ZH Vollenhove
Voorsterweg 28, 8316 PT Marknesse
The Netherlands

Confidentiality Notice & Disclaimer

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the
use of the mail addressee(s) shown. If you are not that person, you
are not allowed to take any action based upon it or to copy it,
forward, distribute or disclose its contents and you should delete it
from your system. BMT ARGOSS does not accept liability for any errors
or omissions in the context of this e-mail or its attachments which
arise as a result of internet transmission, nor accept liability for
statements which are those of the author and clearly not made on
behalf of BMT ARGOSS.

Please consider the environmental impacts of printing this e-mail, and
only do so if really necessary.