[Wrf-users] Regional Climate Prediction Session at AGU 2011

James Done done at ucar.edu
Fri Jul 15 14:00:33 MDT 2011

Dear All

We invite you to submit abstracts to our session on Regional Climate
Prediction at High Resolution at the American Geophysical Union Fall
Meeting, 5-9 Dec 2011, San Francisco, CA.

http://sites.agu.org/fallmeeting/ Abstract Deadline: 4th Aug.

Session Details:

GC09: Regional Climate Modeling 3. Regional Climate Prediction at High
Resolution
Sponsor: Global Environmental Change (GC)
Co-Sponsor(s): Atmospheric Sciences (A), Earth and Space Science
Informatics (IN), Public Affairs (PA)

Convener(s):
1. Greg Holland, NCAR
2. Howard Kunreuther, Wharton, University of Pennsylvania
3. William Skamarock, NCAR

Regional climate predictions at high resolution and decadal time scales
are needed by industry, government and society to enable sufficient
understanding and mitigate future costs and disruptions. This exciting
session will present the latest scientific results and applications in
high resolution climate prediction. Presentations are invited on:
predictions of regional climate and high-impact weather statistics on
decadal time scales, including uncertainty; coupled data assimilation
for regional coupled prediction systems; coupled regional Earth system
processes; statistical downscaling, and societal decision support tools.
This session will stimulate interaction between diverse areas of
expertise and promote novel collaboration.

Many thanks,
James Done