[Wrf-users] Topo and land use ASCII - netCDF transformation program

Mikhail Titov TitovM at ap.aurecongroup.com
Thu Jun 2 18:06:11 MDT 2011

Hello,

As there was some interest regarding the program to transform ASCII terrain and land-use in WRF format I would like to send  all 3 subroutines to everyone who will need it.
Just follow the instructions below and in 'README'. I working on SGI cluster use as input ASCII file format F7.1 but this is flexible and can be changed in the procedure.
The program is two way and you can check your binary files applying reverse transformation. Please let me know if you improve the transformation procedure.

Good luck and kind regards,
Mikhail

Find attached the program itself 'rd_wr_formatted' (executable and Fortran code) and two C subroutines: to read ('read_geogrid.c') and to write ('write_geogrid.c').
Also I attached README as every computer has its niceties. All additional instructions you will find in 'rd_wr.formatted.f90' itself. The program works with formatted ASCII input files
prepared using Statistica, TextPad or any piece of code. I work on SGI and use Linux Red Hat.

Good luck,
Mikhail

Dr. Mikhail Titov | Senior Prof. Officer, Energy | Aurecon
Ph: +64 3 366 08 21 ext.9231 DDI +64 367 32 31 | Fax: +64 3 379 6955 | Mob: +64 21 106 5563
Email: TitovM at ap.aurecongroup.com<mailto:TitovM at ap.aurecongroup.com>
Unit 1, 150 Cavendish Road | Christchurch 8051 | New Zealand
PO Box 1061
http://www.aurecongroup.com<http://www.aurecongroup.com/>
http://www.aurecongroup.com/apac/groupentity/

Please consider your environment before printing this e-mail.