[Wrf-users] Metgrid problem-SST in ERA-Interim data

Satyaban Bishoyi Ratna satyaban_2001 at rediffmail.com
Tue Apr 5 18:59:57 MDT 2011

			Dear User,I would like to update SST in my simulation with ERAIN data.
I could able to complete the simulation successfully, however the SST data
in the model is reading wrongly.
I have tried to verify the "met_em......" files in WPS and came to know that
the SST values are not correct in these files.
I have post processed the "met_em..." file for one tine using ARWpost and
seen using GrADS that the SST values are "Contouring: -1.1e+30 to 1e+29 interval 1e+29".
The original SST grib data provided to WPS are correct and in degree K but
I am surprise to see the wrong values in the files generated by "metgrid".
Can you please suggest how to solve this error.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Satyaban