[Wrf-users] WRF Compilation Problems on Ubuntu 10.10

David Bryan davidstephenbryan at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 12:07:11 MDT 2011

I'm compiling WRFv3.2.1 (gfortran, smpar, basic nesting) on Ubuntu 10.10 with
gfortran. I succesfully compiled NetCDF, installing all needed packages (with
the same gfortran) for
this build-essential, m4, gfortran and g++) and adding all
environment variables in the .bashrc. But the WRF compilation fails
with this first error:

"Fatal Error: Can't open module file 'wrf_data.mod' for reading at (1):
No such file or directory"

Can you please suggest a way to address this?  Thanks!

David Bryan