[Wrf-users] Contents of Wrf-users digest...

V.YesuBabu yesubabu2006 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 21:39:26 MST 2011

Reply for : Wrf-users Digest, Vol 79, Issue 6 [ problem with "shifted" SST
grid when using RTG_SST_ Zulauf, Michael ]

Dear Mike,
The intermediate
**<http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/Basics/IM_files/index.html>file
format of  WRF WPS   ,SST and SKIN Temperature of land are represented by
same parameter "SKINTEMP*"* .If we want to replace gfs sst by satellite sst
,first we need to make gfs SKIN Temperature  to 1/12 degree resolution
binary or acsii data then replace your RTG_SST_HR data to the same gfs SST
grid points.Use the sample  program and steps for ingesting other data in
intermediate formate in WRF online tutorial
http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/Basics/UNGRIB/index.html

--
V.Yesubabu, Project Engineer,