[Wrf-users] WRF execution problem on amd processors + intel

Vassiliki Kotroni kotroni at meteo.noa.gr
Tue Mar 1 01:38:44 MST 2011

Dear colleagues

we have been successfully running WRF on our AMD-Opteron cluster with
pgfortran and mpi.

We are trying to switch to ifortran and we have the following problem:

(we tested both in aour amd-opteron cluster and on a 6-core amd-phenom)

we successfully compiled mpich2, netcdf and  wrf with ifort

and wrf crashes just after writing the 00 hour wrfout and before giving the
first timestep.

Has anybody else encountered the same problem?

On the other hand on the same processors we have successfully compiled

mm5 with ifort and we are running it without any problem.

We would appreciate any help on the subject

best regards

Vasso

--------

Dr. Vassiliki KOTRONI