[Wrf-users] NetCDF paths

Dmitry Vinokurov df6.626 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 04:15:07 MST 2011

Hi!

I'm trying to compile WRF 3.2.1 on CentOS 5.5 (netcdf packages from rep) and
get following error after ./configure:
----
grep: /usr/include/netcdf.inc: No such file or directory
----
NETCDF environment variable is set to "/usr", so as I understand WRF expect
includes to be in "${NETCDF}/include" etc.

Actually grep is right, there is no such file "/usr/include/netcdf.inc",
NetCDF includes are located in "/usr/include/netcdf-3/" and libraries are in
"/usr/lib64".

The question is: is it possible to set separate paths for NetCDF includes
and libraries? For example, Jasper uses $JASPERINC and $JASPERLIB variables
and I think it'll be nice to work with NetCDF in the same way.

Thanks.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Vinokurov