[Wrf-users] Postdoctoral Position University of Arizona

Francina Dominguez francina at hwr.arizona.edu
Wed Feb 2 10:46:49 MST 2011

Postdoctoral Scholar – Exploring hydrologic extremes in a changing
climate using regional climate modeling

Starting in the Spring of 2011, we seek a motivated scientist to
become part of our expanding interdisciplinary regional modeling
group, with a focus on land-atmosphere interactions. The selected
candidate will work on a DOE-funded project that seeks to understand
if regional climate models (in particular WRF) reproduce observed
extreme historical hydrologic events and provide useful information
about future hydrologic extremes. The selected candidate will be
tasked with high-resolution nested simulations of extreme events, and
their statistical characterization. Experience with WRF, good
programming skills and a background in statistical analysis is
desired. As part of the Hydrometeorology program at the University of
Arizona, this project offers the opportunity to collaborate with an
interdisciplinary group of scientists. The interested candidates
should contact Francina Dominguez (francina at hwr.arizona.edu) or
Chistopher Castro (castro at atmo.arizona.edu).

--
Francina Dominguez