[Wrf-users] Using high resolution snow data

Bart Brashers bbrashers at Environcorp.com
Thu Jan 20 18:11:59 MST 2011

I would like to supply WRF with snow data at higher spatial resolution
than in my initialization dataset (12km NAM) for my inner-most grids.
Has anyone used one of the MODIS products, e.g.
http://nsidc.org/data/myd10c1v5.html?  It comes in HDF format, which is
quasi-related to netCDF format.  Has anyone written an
HDF-to-intermediate converter that they're willing to share (maybe
called unhdf)? Or a netCDF-to-intermediate converter?

Or perhaps there's another data source for ~1km snow data that people
like?  Any advice would be appreciated.

Bart

bbrashers at environcorp.com

This message contains information that may be confidential, privileged or otherwise protected by law from disclosure. It is intended for the exclusive use of the Addressee(s). Unless you are the addressee or authorized agent of the addressee, you may not review, copy, distribute or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained within. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender by electronic reply to email at environcorp.com and immediately delete all copies of the message.