[Wrf-users] Error in two-way nesting

Agnes Mika agnes.mika at bmtargoss.com
Thu Jan 6 00:42:33 MST 2011

Hallo,

Please post your namelist.input file as well. There is an error
reading your wrfinput_d02 files, it might have to do with a wrong
setting in your namelist.

Agnes

M Kudsy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get an error when trying to run wrf.exe using 2-way nesting. I run
> real.exe successfully for 2-domains and get wrfbdy_d01, wrfinput_d01 and
> wrfinput_d02 files. When I try to run thw model, the following messages
> appear. Would someone give me some hints to correct the error?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Mahally
>

> [kudsy at cumulus em_real]$ ./wrf.exe
>  Namelist dfi_control not found in namelist.input. Using registry defaults
> for variables in dfi_control
>  Namelist tc not found in namelist.input. Using registry defaults for
> variables in tc
>  Namelist scm not found in namelist.input. Using registry defaults for
> variables in scm
>  Namelist fire not found in namelist.input. Using registry defaults for
> variables in fire
>  --- NOTE: sst_update is 0, setting io_form_auxinput4 = 0 and
> auxinput4_interval = 0 for all domains
>  --- NOTE: sst_update is 0, setting io_form_auxinput4 = 0 and
> auxinput4_interval = 0 for all domains
>  --- NOTE: grid_fdda is 0 for domain      1, setting gfdda interval and
> ending time to 0 for that domain.
>  --- NOTE: both grid_sfdda and pxlsm_soil_nudge are 0 for domain      1,
> setting sgfdda interval and ending time to 0 for that domain.
>  --- NOTE: obs_nudge_opt is 0 for domain      1, setting obs nudging
> interval and ending time to 0 for that domain.
>  --- NOTE: grid_fdda is 0 for domain      2, setting gfdda interval and
> ending time to 0 for that domain.
>  --- NOTE: both grid_sfdda and pxlsm_soil_nudge are 0 for domain      2,
> setting sgfdda interval and ending time to 0 for that domain.
>  --- NOTE: obs_nudge_opt is 0 for domain      2, setting obs nudging
> interval and ending time to 0 for that domain.
>  --- NOTE: num_soil_layers has been set to      5
>  WRF V3.2.1 MODEL
>   *************************************
>   Parent domain
>   ids,ide,jds,jde            1         120           1         139
>   ims,ime,jms,jme           -4         125          -4         144
>   ips,ipe,jps,jpe            1         120           1         139
>   *************************************
>  DYNAMICS OPTION: Eulerian Mass Coordinate
>     alloc_space_field: domain            1 ,    314807212  bytes allocated
>    med_initialdata_input: calling input_input
>  INPUT LandUse = "USGS"
>  LANDUSE TYPE = "USGS" FOUND          33  CATEGORIES           2  SEASONS
> WATER CATEGORY =           16  SNOW CATEGORY =           24
>   *************************************
>   Nesting domain
>   ids,ide,jds,jde            1         100           1         100
>   ims,ime,jms,jme           -4         105          -4         105
>   ips,ipe,jps,jpe            1         100           1         100
>   INTERMEDIATE domain
>   ids,ide,jds,jde          146         184          28          66
>   ims,ime,jms,jme          141         189          23          71
> [...]

Dr. Ágnes Mika
Advisor, Meteorology and Air Quality

Tel:    +31 (0)527-242299
Fax:    +31 (0)527-242016
Web:    www.bmtargoss.com

BMT ARGOSS
P.O. Box 61, 8325 ZH Vollenhove
Voorsterweg 28, 8316 PT Marknesse
The Netherlands

Confidentiality Notice & Disclaimer

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the
use of the mail addressee(s) shown. If you are not that person, you
are not allowed to take any action based upon it or to copy it,
forward, distribute or disclose its contents and you should delete it
from your system. BMT ARGOSS does not accept liability for any errors
or omissions in the context of this e-mail or its attachments which
arise as a result of internet transmission, nor accept liability for
statements which are those of the author and clearly not made on
behalf of BMT ARGOSS.