[Wrf-users] Fatal Error: wrf_get_dom_ti_integer getting dimension information from dataset

Kunal Rao kunalgrao at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 01:46:48 MST 2010

Hello

 I am able to run the idealized data test cases in WRF v3.2. Now, I am
trying to run the real data test case.

 I have compiled the em_real test case and have got real.exe, wrf.exe ( and
ndown.exe) in ./test/em_real.

 Next, I downloaded the January 2000 test case from  WRF download page under
"WRF Model Test Data" list for 30-km domain.
 I got 6 met_em* files. I copied these in the ./test/em_real directory.

 Also, as mentioned in the user guide I copied the namelist for January case
to default namelist using:

 $ cp namelist.input.jan00 namelist.input

 Now, when I run $ ./real.exe I am getting the following in rsl.error.0000
file:

 -----------------------
 Namelist dfi_control not found in namelist.input. Using registry defaults
for variables in dfi_control
 Namelist tc not found in namelist.input. Using registry defaults for
variables in tc
 Namelist scm not found in namelist.input. Using registry defaults for
variables in scm
 Namelist fire not found in namelist.input. Using registry defaults for
variables in fire
  Ntasks in X            1 , ntasks in Y            1
 --- NOTE: sst_update is 0, setting io_form_auxinput4 = 0 and
auxinput4_interval = 0 for all domains
 --- NOTE: grid_fdda is 0 for domain      1, setting gfdda interval and
ending time to 0 for that domain.
 --- NOTE: both grid_sfdda and pxlsm_soil_nudge are 0 for domain      1,
setting sgfdda interval and ending time to 0 for that domain.
 --- NOTE: obs_nudge_opt is 0 for domain      1, setting obs nudging
interval and ending time to 0 for that domain.
 --- NOTE: num_soil_layers has been set to      4
 REAL_EM V3.2.1 PREPROCESSOR
  *************************************
  Parent domain
  ids,ide,jds,jde            1          74           1          61
  ims,ime,jms,jme           -4          79          -4          66
  ips,ipe,jps,jpe            1          74           1          61
  *************************************
 DYNAMICS OPTION: Eulerian Mass Coordinate
    alloc_space_field: domain            1 ,    104874600  bytes allocated
  metgrid input_wrf.F first_date_nml = 2000-01-24_12:00:00
 FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  <stdin>  LINE:     403
 wrf_get_dom_ti_integer getting dimension information from dataset
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0

Kindly let me know how do I resolve this error ?

Thanks & Regards,
Kunal