[Wrf-users] Speed improvement through SSD hard drives?

Jonas Kaufmann jonas.kaufmann at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 09:29:07 MST 2010

Hello,

I am thinking about getting a new server for my WRF model
computations, and I am wondering about the hardware specs I should use
for that. Obviously the most important thing is CPU power, but I am
wondering what to do about harddrives in general. I know that SSD
drives can give a significant performance boost for I/O tasks, so I am
thinking about using those drives.

Has anyone already tried this and if so, what were your results
compared to normal harddrives? If you did not try this, do you think
the WRF performance will be affected by this?

Best regards,
Jonas Kaufmann