[Wrf-users] interpolating to height above ground

Keller Johannes johannes.keller at psi.ch
Mon Nov 22 23:42:03 MST 2010

Hi Sam,

I use the staggered geopotential in the WRF history file wrfout....
Height in m asl is (PH+PHB) / 9.81. Subtract terrain height HGT to get height in m agl.

Regards

Hannes

On Nov 22, 2010, at 12:20 PM, Sam Hawkins wrote:

> Dear WRF users,
>
> I want to interpolate WRF output from eta levels to heights above the
> model terrain height.  I need the code to be relatively fast, and
> ideally write to netcdf files. My eta levels are quite closely spaced,
> so I could probably get away with linear interpolation between levels.
>
> Does anyone know whether there is any existing tool which will do this
> (it seems GEMpak might have this functionality), or (b) are there any
> tools, such as the netcdf operators or climate data operators which
> might be adaptable to do this.
>
> Sam.

Dr.Johannes Keller
Paul Scherrer Institut (PSI)
Laboratory of Atmospheric Chemistry (LAC)
Building OFLA / 012
CH-5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland
Phone: +41 56 310 20 65,  Fax: +41 56 310 45 25
e-mail: johannes.keller(at)psi.ch
http://www.psi.ch/
http://lac.web.psi.ch