[Wrf-users] error removing snow data using read_wrf_nc.f

Saji Hameed saji at u-aizu.ac.jp
Tue Oct 5 23:01:40 MDT 2010

You should index the data_real array, e.g
  data_real(I,J) = 0.0

saji

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 2:11 AM, Andre Pattantyus <apattantyus2008 at my.fit.edu
> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to remove snow cover from NAM-218 input data for a high
> resolution run. The section of code I am using is shown below. At first I
> had a number of these loops in the code and I had the same result - it
> changes the value of SNOW to 0 for the entire domain. I don't understand how
> this could be happening since I am specifying it to change only in I,J
> region. Can someone shed light on this problem? Thanks in advance.
>

> if (var == 'SNOW') then
>   do I  = 84, 98
>   do J = 212, 219
>  data_real = data_real*0.
> enddo
> enddo
> endif
>

> --
> Andre Pattantyus, Graduate Student Research Assistant
> Marine and Environmental Systems, Florida Institute of Technology
> 150 W. University Blvd, Melbourne, FL 32901
>
> Phone: (321) 674-8330 | Fax: (321) 674-7212 | Email:
> apattantyus2008 at fit.edu

Saji N Hameed,
ARC-ENV, Center for Advanced Information Science and Technology,
University of Aizu, Tsuruga, Ikki-machi,
Aizuwakamatsu-shi, Fukushima 965-8580,
Japan

Tel: +81242 37-2736
 email: saji at u-aizu.ac.jp