[Wrf-users] wrfout_d02 missing on 3 nested domains

Zulauf, Michael Michael.Zulauf at iberdrolaren.com
Thu Sep 30 12:08:19 MDT 2010

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 08:29:19 -0700 (PDT)
> From: David Bryan <davidstephenbryan at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Wrf-users] wrfout_d02 missing on 3 nested domains (namelist
>	included)
> To: wrf-users at ucar.edu
>
> I'm running WRF V3.2 ARW. I've been successfully running two nested
domains, one
> in the other. I'm trying to run three now, each one the parent of the
other. I'm
> not getting wrfout_d02 or, of course, wrfout_d03. I'd appreciate any
assistance
> on this. My namelist.input follows, though it seems consistent with
user
> instructions. Thanks!

Have you tried turning off adaptive time stepping?  From my experience,
adaptive time stepping is broken in WRF 3.2 and 3.2.1 - at least as far
as reliable wrfout output goes, and at least with our configuration.

The only way I've been able to get reliable output at the proper times
and frequencies is to disable adaptive time stepping.  I've heard of
other people with similar problems, but I don't know if this is a
scattered issue, widespread, or universal.

Good luck,
Mike

Please be advised that email addresses for Iberdrola Renewables personnel have changed to first.last at iberdrolaREN.com effective Aug. 16, 2010.  Please make a note.  Thank you.

This message is intended for the exclusive attention of the recipient(s) indicated.  Any information contained herein is strictly confidential and privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us by return e-mail and delete this message from your computer system. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, alteration, filing or sending of this message and/or any attached files may lead to legal action being taken against the party(ies) responsible for said unauthorized use. Any opinion expressed herein is solely that of the author(s) and does not necessarily represent the opinion of the Company. The sender does not guarantee the integrity, speed or safety of this message, and does not accept responsibility for any possible damage arising from the interception, incorporation of viruses, or any other damage as a result of manipulation.