[Wrf-users] GFS downloading Script

Saji Hameed saji at u-aizu.ac.jp
Mon Sep 27 22:09:15 MDT 2010

Hi Maziar,

GFS output is in general for the global domain, and you would need more than
a wind forecast to drive WRF. So I am confused by your request. I use a ruby
script to download GFS data, but it is driven by parameters like start time
of forecast, desired lead etc.

saji
--

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Maziar Golestani <
maziar.golestani at faradarya.com> wrote:

>  Dear Friends,
>
> I want a script to download the desired wind forecast data from GFS data
> base (for the desired domain) and then I can run my wind model (WRF) and
> afterwards the WaveWatch III model. I have managed configuring the script to
> run the wind and wave model simultaneously, but I do not know how to
> download the GFS data. ECMWF have a python script for downloading such data,
> is there anyone familiar with doing so for GFS data?????
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Maziar.
>

>              [image: cid:image001.jpg at 01CA3EC8.24857DB0]
>
> *Maziar Golestani, Msc.*
>
> *Marine Structures Engineer*
>
> *Fara Darya Arsheh Consultants***
>
> *Address (Iran): No.41, First Tohid St, Khovardin Blvd.,*
>
> *Shahrak-e-Gharb, Tehran, IRAN*
>
> *Postal Code: 14 66 99 48 53        *
>
> *Tel: +98-21-883 622 47-50   ext:123*
>
> *Fax: +98-21-880 753 56*
>
> *E-Mail: maziar.golestani at faradarya.com <Hormozgan at faradarya.com>*

Saji N Hameed,
ARC-ENV, Center for Advanced Information Science and Technology,
University of Aizu, Tsuruga, Ikki-machi,
Aizuwakamatsu-shi, Fukushima 965-8580,
Japan

Tel: +81242 37-2736
 email: saji at u-aizu.ac.jp