[Wrf-users] Question about using PNetcdf with WRF 3.0.1.1

Craig Tierney Craig.Tierney at noaa.gov
Wed Aug 25 21:51:02 MDT 2010

I am trying to use Pnetcdf with WRF 3.0.1.1
for benchmarking purposes.  I just wanted to
ask a quick question.   Are there any tricks
to get WRF working with Pnetcdf?  The code links
correctly, but when I set the file type to 11
WRF will segfault when writing the restart file, and
will segfault when writing the output files for
large core counts (> 2000 cores).

OS: Centos 5.5 running over IB
FS: Lustre 1.8.3
MPI: Mvapich2 1.4.1, compiled with Lustre support
PNetcdf: 1.1.1 and 1.2
Compiler: Intel 11.1

I don't have any debugging traces yet.  Just though
I would ask if I am missing any settings before digging
in and contacting the Pnetcdf group.

Thanks,
Craig