[Wrf-users] New GFS resolution and output

Saji N Hameed saji at u-aizu.ac.jp
Tue Jul 27 19:54:55 MDT 2010

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the information. It is very timely as we begin to setup our
system to use GFS LBCs.

I wonder if there will be any significant difficulties, as I interpret
that the changes of data content in the new GRIB files are related to
the GDAS analysis.

cheers!

saji
--
On Mon, 2010-07-26 at 12:02 -0700, Mark Stoelinga wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Has anyone investigated any possible difficulties with metgrid or WRF
> using the new GFS grids that will start operationally at 12 UTC 28
> July?
>

> The changes are descirbed here:
>

> www.nws.noaa.gov/om/notification/tin10-15aab_gfs.doc
>

> Mark
>

> --
> Mark Stoelinga, PhD
> Senior Scientist
> 3TIER Inc.
> 3TIER Inc.
> 2001 6th Avenue, Suite 2100
> Seattle, WA 98121
> USA
> +1 206.708.8588 direct
> +1 206.325.1573 main
> +1 206.708.8589 fax
>
> www.3tier.com
>
> This email message and all attachments transmitted with it are for the
> sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
> and/or legally privileged information.

Saji N Hameed,
ARC-ENV, Center for Advanced Information Science and Technology,
University of Aizu, Tsuruga, Ikki-machi,
Aizuwakamatsu-shi, Fukushima 965-8580,
Japan

Tel: +81242 37-2736
email: saji at u-aizu.ac.jp