[Wrf-users] WRF 3.2 and PGI 10.5

Zulauf, Michael Michael.Zulauf at iberdrolausa.com
Tue Jul 27 15:33:25 MDT 2010

Hi all, in an attempt to see if I can get around the issues I've had
with WRF 3.2 when built with PGI 7.0-2, I've been trying to build/run
WRF 3.2 with PGI 10.5 - but I've had even less luck here.  BTW, I use
the PGI C compilers as well Fortran (rather than using gcc for C).

I can build WRF and WPS with 10.5 and I get no errors, but when I try to
actually run a simulation, I get a segmentation fault with metgrid.
This happens when built either as a parallel (dmpar) or serial.  I've
also tried greatly reducing the optimization for WRF as well.

This has been on a fairly old RedHat Linux installation (3.4.6-3) on
dual-dual core Opteron nodes.

Has anyone successfully built/run WRF 3.2 using PGI 10.5?  Has anyone
seen anything like this?  Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Mike

--
Mike Zulauf
Meteorologist, Lead Senior

This message is intended for the exclusive attention of the address(es) indicated.  Any information contained herein is strictly confidential and privileged, especially as regards person data,
which must not be disclosed.  If you are the intended recipient and have received it by mistake or learn about it in any other way, please notify us by return e-mail and delete this message from
 your computer system. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, alteration, filing or sending of this message and/or any attached files to third parties may lead to legal proceedings being taken. Any
opinion expressed herein is solely that of the author(s) and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Iberdrola. The sender does not guarantee the integrity, speed or safety of this
message, not accept responsibility for any possible damage arising from the interception, incorporation of virus or any other manipulation carried out by third parties.