[Wrf-users] Adaptive Time-step output times mismatch/incorrect

David Ovens ovens at atmos.washington.edu
Fri Jun 25 12:09:12 MDT 2010

Rahul,

I am not sure if this bug is the same that I found earlier in 3.2,
since I noticed an output bug with a time_step of 216 seconds and
adaptive time stepping was turned off.  But, take a look at your
external/esmf_time_f90/ESMF_Clock.F90 around line 1024.  It should
look like this:

              IF ( ( .NOT. ( pred1 ) ) .AND. &
                   ( ( pred2 ) .OR. ( pred3 ) ) ) THEN
                 alarm%alarmint%Ringing = .TRUE.
!                 alarm%alarmint%PrevRingTime = clock%clockint%CurrTime
                 alarm%alarmint%RingTimeSet = .FALSE.  !it is a one time alarm, it rang, now let it resort to interval
#if 1
! logic above is sufficient to set the PrevRingTime, it is now.
                 IF ( positive_timestep ) THEN

I hope that does it for you.

David
David Ovens		 e-mail: ovens at atmos.washington.edu
Research Meteorologist    phone: (206) 685-8108
Dept of Atm. Sciences      plan: Real-time MM5 forecasting for the
Box 351640                        Pacific Northwest
University of Washington          http://www.atmos.washington.edu/mm5rt
Seattle, WA  98195               Weather Graphics and Loops
                                  http://www.atmos.washington.edu/~ovens/loops