[Wrf-users] WRF 3.1 lat/lon projection and wrfpost --retraction

Steve smasters at cfl.rr.com
Thu Apr 22 13:40:23 MDT 2010

A few days ago, I posted the note below describing a problem with
wrfpost and lat-lon projection WRF files.  After corresponding with
someone for whom the lat-lon data are working just fine, I went back and
checked my old notes and e-mail.  The problem I described was from WRF
v3.0, not 3.1.  The last e-mail I received from some of the WRF folks
indicated that the problem was to be fixed (by NCEP) in the next one or
two releases of wrfpost.  It appears the problem was fixed in version
3.1, and you should be able to process lat-lon WRF netCDF files using
wrfpost and create valid grib files.

I am sorry for sending out this outdated information without first
checking my notes.

Stephen Masters  masters.steve at ensco.com
ENSCO, Inc.
Melbourne, FL