[Wrf-users] Radiation timestep - what to use?

Feng Liu fliu at mag.maricopa.gov
Sat Apr 10 22:23:22 MDT 2010

Hi, Jimy,
You are right. I double checked the code again. I think "set equal" is a
compromise in physics reason mentioned in my last email.  I understand
now that it is possible to set the value different for each domain if
our domain definition meets the assumption of  dz <<dx (or dy),
according to your response, I would also ask why recommended to be set
equal even though the radt values are also independent? Do we have
sensitive analysis for some output variables, such as air temperature,
latent heat flux  to figure out the difference between "set equal" and
"set different" ? Thank you.
Feng