[Wrf-users] WRF Nest scalability

Preeti preeti at csa.iisc.ernet.in
Tue Apr 6 03:19:28 MDT 2010

Hi

I have a 21km parent domain of 348  X 247 and a nest domain of 7km
resolution with dimension of 109 X 136. I am currently running it on upto 90
processors but I find that the solve time of parent scales with adding more
processors whereas the solve time of nest does not scale. The interconnect
is Infiniband. Does anyone know the reason for this?

Is there any publicly available nest scalability results for WRF? I could
only find single domain benchmark results here
http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/WG2/benchv3/.

Thanks
Preeti