[Wrf-users] WRF3.1.1 and WRF3.2; PGI compiler with gcc (smpar)

Neil P. Barton npbarton at UDel.Edu
Fri Apr 2 16:39:26 MDT 2010

Dear wrf-users,

I am running WRF3.1.1 on a linux x86_64 bit with PGI 8.0-4, gcc4.3.4, and
netcdf 3.6.3. I successfully compiled wrf with smpar, but when I run
./wrf.exe on multiple processers, wrf exits with segmentation fault after
about 9 to 20 time steps.

I read that my OMP_STACKSIZE may be too large, but this problem still occurs
when I set the stack size as low as 2GB. I have also downloaded WRF3.2, but
wrf.exe still does not run under smpar with PGI compilers.

Note, wrf.exe runs fine on 1 processor and with the gfortran compilers.

Any input on how to run WRF under the smpar setting with PGI compilers is
much appreciated.

Thank you,

Neil

Neil P. Barton