[Wrf-users] QSCAT Data Assimilation

jagabandhu panda jagabandhu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 23:41:53 MDT 2010

Hi

I am trying to assimilate QSCAT data for a case study. I just wanted to know
whether the QSCAT could be assimilated directly without converting it to
LITTLE_R format. I suppose there are few f90 codes available in WRFDA to
deal with QSCAT data. There is also one thining option for QSCAT data in
WRFDA OBSPROC namelist. I wonder if we convert the QSCAT data to little_r
format and then use thinning option that would be correct or not. At that
point of time, I though is there any way to assimilate the data directly
without converting it to little_r format. Please help........!

regards
-- Jagabandhu
Jagabandhu Panda
Research Associate (Post Doctoral)