[Wrf-users] wrf parameterizations

Gisele Zepka giselezepka at bol.com.br
Thu Mar 18 11:44:16 MDT 2010

Dear users,

I'm trying to find a better configuration of wrf parameterizations to
describe the atmospheric conditions concerned to instability when
lightning happens. I've set 2 domains, the coarse 30 km grid and the
nest 10 km grid. I'm not working with high resolution because the
integration time is very important to my purposes, so I focus my
analysis on the nest outputs. Firstly I tested 3 different sets of
cumulus and microphysics options: 1) Kain-Fritsch and WSM3; 2)
Betts-Miller-Janjic and Ferrier; 3) Grell-Devenyi and Lin. The best
results I've found with the first set. Physically I'm trying to explain
this but it's difficult. I would like to understand a little more the
diferrences among these parameterizations. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Gisele