[Wrf-users] sorry for disturbing

jagabandhu panda jagabandhu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 22:36:57 MST 2010

Hi

In my case one of the problems was with the linking of libwrfvar.a with
libwrfio_nf.a. Therefore, I added "-L$(WRF_SRC_DIRECTORY)/external/io_netcdf
-lwrfio_nf \" inbetween the links that are provided under "LIB_BUNDLED" in
configure.wrf to overcome the "undefined reference due to ext_ncd_........."
type of errors. I was successful in overcoming the error due to this as I
realized there is no problem in the installation of my netcdf library.
However, I am still facing a problem as follows:
pgf90 -o da_wrfvar.exe  -O2 -fast -w  -Mfree -byteswapio
-I/home/jagabandhu/SATDAS/RADMOD/WRFDAV3P1P1/external/esmf_time_f90 \
        da_control.o da_wrfvar_main.o -L. -lwrfvar
-L/home/jagabandhu/SATDAS/RADMOD/CRTM1P2P2 -lcrtm   \

-L/home/jagabandhu/SATDAS/RADMOD/WRFDAV3P1P1/external/fftpack/fftpack5
-lfftpack -L/home/jagabandhu/SATDAS/RADMOD/WRFDAV3P1P1/external/io_grib1
-lio_grib1
-L/home/jagabandhu/SATDAS/RADMOD/WRFDAV3P1P1/external/io_grib_share
-lio_grib_share
-L/home/jagabandhu/SATDAS/RADMOD/WRFDAV3P1P1/external/io_netcdf -lwrfio_nf
-L/home/jagabandhu/SATDAS/RADMOD/WRFDAV3P1P1/external/io_int -lwrfio_int
/home/jagabandhu/SATDAS/RADMOD/WRFDAV3P1P1/external/esmf_time_f90/libesmf_time.a
/home/jagabandhu/SATDAS/RADMOD/WRFDAV3P1P1/external/esmf_time_f90/libesmf_time.a
/home/jagabandhu/SATDAS/RADMOD/WRFDAV3P1P1/frame/module_internal_header_util.o
/home/jagabandhu/SATDAS/RADMOD/WRFDAV3P1P1/frame/pack_utils.o
/home/jagabandhu/SATDAS/RADMOD/WRFDAV3P1P1/external/io_netcdf/libwrfio_nf.a
-L/home/jagabandhu/netcdf-3.6.3/lib  -lnetcdf
./libwrfvar.a(da_radiance1.o): In function `da_radiance1_fcomp1_':
da_radiance1.f:(.text+0x1520c): undefined reference to `dmin1_'
make[1]: [da_wrfvar.exe] Error 2 (ignored)

By using this idea I could compile WRF-Var 3.0 without CRTM or RTTOV (used
for radiance data assimilation). Since, I am intending to assimlate
satellite radiance, therefore I am trying to overcome the above problem for
compiling WRF-Var 3.1.1 with CRTM or RTTOV. However, if the problem of yours
is same as mine (i.e. undefined reference due to ext_ncd_.........) and you
are not intending to use CRTM/ RTTOV then you should be able to compile
using this idea as I used. I would be happy to get any suggestions from any
users or from wrfhelp.

Best wishes
Jagabandhu

--