[Wrf-users] compilation problem for wrf-var: da_wrfvar.exe not forming

jagabandhu panda jagabandhu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 00:08:43 MST 2009

Hi

1- When I tried by compiling netcdf using complete set of PGI compilers the
WRF V3.0 could not even be compiled. Therefore, I switched back and now
compiled the netcdf with gcc+pgf77+pgf90+pgCC set of compilers. Then I could
again successfully compiled WRF V3.0.

2- Now, I decided to compile V3.0 rather than 3.0.1. When I tried to compile
WRFDA V3.0 I saw a lot of "undefined references" for the compilation of
"da_wrfvar_main.f". Therefore I replaced "-L/$(NETCDFPATH)/lib -lnetcdf" by
"-L/$(NETCDFPATH)/lib -L/$(NETCDFPATH)/fortran/.libs -lnetcdff -lnetcdf" in
the files "configure.wrf" and "WRFDAV3/var/da/Makefile" to see if it
installs. However, I get same errors again for "da_wrfvar_main.f" and as a
result "da_wrfvar.exe" does not form.

I do not understand why it is not forming even though other utility exe
files are forming and WRF model is successfully compiled. Please
suggest......

regards
Jagabandhu

--