[Wrf-users] wrf output to intermediate format

yuxing yuxing79 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 01:03:34 MST 2009

 Dear list:

  I am running resolution sensitive experiments. For example, I need run a
series of gris size with 1, 2,3,4,5,and 6 km for the same domain. The
inintial and boundary conditions should come from the same source, here,
suppose output from a corser (9 km) WRF running.
My question is, does there have a sutiable way run 5 km simulations based on
9 km output?

The knowledge I know is, for 3 or 1 km, a one-way nesting can do it. In MM5,
there has a program INTERPB, which can convert MM5 sigma output to pressure
and intermediate format which can be digested by REGRID.

Does there have a way to convert WRF sigma output to intermediate format?

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely Xing Yu