[Wrf-users] dynamic load balancing in RSL_LITE

Preeti preeti at csa.iisc.ernet.in
Mon Nov 9 11:15:34 MST 2009

Hi

I have a question related to dynamic load balancing in WRF. I am using
WRFv3.0.1. The documentation of WRFv3
http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/wrfv3/updates.html mentions the
following -

* Full RSL_LITE support for nesting, transposes, periodic BC’s, etc.
RSL communication package has been retired in V3

However I have read the paper by John G. Michalakes "RSL: A Parallel
Runtime System Library for Regional Atmospheric Models with Nesting"
which talks about Dynamic Load Balancing in RSL by re-mapping. I could
not find any RSL_LITE documentation which talks about re-mapping to
new processors due to load imbalance.

Since RSL_LITE replaces RSL in WRF, I wanted to know if there is any
similar feature implemented in RSL_LITE in WRF for dynamic load
balancing?

Appreciate your help very much.

Thanks
Preeti