[Wrf-users] Including Q2 in wrfpost output

Ann L Mazuk Ann.L.Mazuk at aero.org
Fri Oct 23 15:38:28 MDT 2009

I'm using the WRF Post Processor (WPP) to convert my WRF-ARW output to
grib1 format for use in MET.  I am able to run WPP just fine, but I'd like
to be able to include Q2 (grib ID 53) into the wrfpost output.  I looked
on the WPP documentation website (
http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/docs/user_guide_V3.1/users_guide_chap9.htm#_WPP_2
) and I see Q2 listed in Table 1. as a variable read by wrfpost, but when
I look at Table 2. which shows the fields produced by wrfpost, I do not
see Q2 or grib ID 53 listed anywhere.

Is it possible to include Q2 in wrfpost output?  If so, how do I modify
the wrf_cntrl.parm to be able to include it?