[Wrf-users] Choice of hardware for Linux cluster to run WRF-ARW

Leonid Gonchukov wrfprim at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 20:06:35 MDT 2009

Hello Everyone!

I want to run WRF-ARW on  Linux cluster (now i do it on SGI GScale S450) and
i have some question about interconnetion configuration. I see two variants:

1. All computational nodes are connetcted with each other via fiber channel.
File systems for each node is connected via ethernet.

2. All computational nodes are connected with each other via ethernet, and
file systems via fiber channel.

Unfortunately I have not enought money to orginize interconnect via
InfiniBand or smth like this:(.

Can anyone advise which of variants is better?