[Wrf-users] error with ./real.exe

Eric Altshuler ela at cola.iges.org
Wed Sep 30 11:10:34 MDT 2009

Hello Dipak,

It looks like you're running real.exe on only one processor. Did you build WRF as serial, smpar, or dmpar? If your machine has more than one processor, you should build and run WRF with a parallel option.

You may have one of these possible problems:

1) your machine doesn't have enough memory to run real.exe on your domain
2) if your machine has enough memory and multiple CPUs, but a single CPU can't access all the memory, you need to build WRF with the dmpar (MPI) option and run it on multiple processors (mpirun -np N real.exe with N>1) to utilize more of the available memory.

Best regards,

Eric L. Altshuler
Assistant Research Scientist
Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
4041 Powder Mill Road, Suite 302
Calverton, MD 20705-3106
USA

E-mail: ela at cola.iges.org