[Wrf-users] Installation of netcdf-4.0.1 in Linux with pgf90 and gcc

Andrew Porter andrew.porter at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Sep 14 02:16:33 MDT 2009

Hello,

> I am trying to install netcdf-4.0.1 in Linux of local PC ( Pentium IV)
> for ARW.
> I am getting the error which is shown below.
> Mainly, the error is coming from the installation of cfortran.h.

This is really a netcdf problem, not a WRF problem. What fortran
compiler are you using and what options did you give to the configure
script? Often, the solution to this kind of problem with netcdf is to
specify FCFLAGS="-DpgiFortran" and FFLAGS="-DpgiFortran" before running
the configure script.
e.g. in the bash shell do:
      export FCFLAGS="-DpgiFortran"

HTH,