[Wrf-users] pressure errors in real_em

Mark Stoelinga mstoelinga at 3tier.com
Mon Aug 24 13:52:06 MDT 2009

Has anyone else noticed surface pressure errors in the WRF input file,
at a handful of single points in the domain, of several 10s of hPa,
using version 3.1.1 of real_em?  Needless to say, they generate huge
"pebble in the pond" gravity waves within the first few hours of model
runs.

I know that that the sfcprs3 routine was changed to correct occasional
problems with below-sea-level points.  And we've confirmed that fix
worked.  However, now we have this new problem, which the V3.0 version
of sfcprs3 did NOT produce.

I don't see anything about it on the "WRF Model Version 3.1.1 : Known
Problems and Fixes" page, so thought I'd ask the community.

The particulars: 2-domain setup, 45/15 km, covering most of Europe,
and using NNRP grids.

Mark

--
Mark Stoelinga, PhD
Senior Scientist

3TIER Inc.
2001 6th Avenue, Suite 2100
Seattle, WA 98121
USA
+1 206.708.8588 direct
+1 206.325.1573 main
+1 206.708.8589 fax

www.3tier.com

This email message and all attachments transmitted with it are for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/
or legally privileged information.