[Wrf-users] WPP and copygb

Ljiljana Dekic ljilja at meteo.yu
Fri Jul 10 04:56:10 MDT 2009

Hi Teresa,

WRF-NMM is in operational use in our service for two years,  now
I am doing some tests of nesting different domains and  have exactly
the same problem with shifting  fields when plot nested domain. Part
of namelist defining domains looks like this:

max_dom                             = 2,
 e_we                                = 260,    140,
 e_sn                                = 450,    290,

 dx = 0.078536,
 dy = 0.075285,

 i_parent_start    = 1,150,
 j_parent_start    = 1,120,

And plot of 2m temperature for nested domain is:

Changing in the projection and boundaries doesn't solve the problem.
Central latitude and longitude is defined only in namelist.wps, wrfout
files contain information about central latitude for parent domain only

               :CEN_LAT = 48.f ;
               :CEN_LON = 8.f ;

but GRIB file that copygb  creates  has  information  of  center latitude
which is good, even fields are slightly rotated to the west.

 GRID NUMBER =          255
 IGDS=            0         255         203         139
289       40008       12165         136       43296       17345
26          25          64           0           0           0
0           0

Did you solve this problem? Can you, please, explain me what you did?

Thank you in advance.

Ljiljana Dekic'
Hydrometeorological Service of Serbia