[Wrf-users] Netcdf & WRFSI compilation error

varunb at iitk.ac.in varunb at iitk.ac.in
Sat May 9 00:22:30 MDT 2009

Respected Sir,

  I am trying to compile wrfsi with GUI using pgf compiler but during
installation it is giving error like -

../../src/io_netcdf/libwrfio_nf.a(field_routines.o): In function
`ext_ncd_logicalfieldio_':
field_routines.f:(.text+0x77a): undefined reference to `nf_put_vara_int_'
field_routines.f:(.text+0x79f): undefined reference to `nf_get_vara_int_'
make[1]: *** [staticpost.exe] Error 2

i found one or your description about this issue
(http://mailman.ucar.edu/pipermail/wrf-users/2008/000768.html) and tried
different solution suggested by you. But I am still getting the same
error.

Here are my configuration for compilation -

pgf compiler - version 8.06
Netcdf lib   - version 4.0

Steps I followed -

I configured netcdf using './configure --prefix=/home/netcdf --enable-v2
--enable-f77'

Output of command "nm -g" on libnetcdf.a is attached in a file with this
mail.

Any hint/help is very appreciated!

Thanks
Varun Bhatt