[Wrf-users] Repeated memory allocation in WRF

Andrew Porter andrew.porter at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Mar 30 11:44:26 MDT 2009

Hello,

I am investigating the performance of WRF and have found that the
routine ALLOC_SPACE_FIELD_CORE seems to be called a number of times that
is proportional to the length of time being simulated. This implies that
WRF is repeated allocating memory during the run. Is this the case and
if so, can it be avoided?

(I am running a system with 3 nested domains and have compiled with
'basic nesting support' if I remember correctly.)

Thanks for any help/advice,

Andy.

--
Dr. Andrew Porter