[Wrf-users] How to estimate the Wall-Clock Time for WRF

Jerry Leo jerry_leo at msn.com
Sat Mar 21 01:47:15 MDT 2009

Hi,

The latest WRF doesn't support SGI MIPS platform anymore. Before purchasing a new platform, I need to estimate the Wall-clock time on it. But I failed to find a similar environment to do the benchmark.

Does anyone know how to estimate the Wall-Clock Time for WRF in theory?

Ps, Now I run WRFv2.2 on a SGI Origin 350 box with 16 700MHz CPUs, it takes about 37 mins to do 24Hrs forecast.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks

Jerry