[Wrf-users] namelist.input error with domains in wrf 3.0.1.1

Jeff Nucciarone nucci at psu.edu
Mon Mar 2 09:20:30 MST 2009

Hello to the all on the list.

I recently compiled wrf 3.0.1.1 using OpenMPI and the Intel compiler. I
took an existing wrf 2.2 (compiled using PGI) example and tried to use
it with wrf3.

I keep getting the following in rsl.error.0000:

taskid: 0 hostname: lionxi31.hpc.rcc.psu.edu
 Quilting with   1 groups of   0 I/O tasks.
 Error while reading namelist domains
 Errors while reading one or more namelists from namelist.input.
[lionxi31.hpc.rcc.psu.edu:07522] MPI_ABORT invoked on rank 0 in
communicator MPI

It does not go on to explain where perhaps the problem is with this
particular namelist input. Did any of the input parameters change
between 2.2 and 3? Is the Intel compiled version more sensitive than PGI?

If requested I will post the namelist.input file.

Thanks.

--Jeff