[Wrf-users] error when do ungrib.exe

Irene Gallai irene.gallai at arpa.fvg.it
Wed Feb 18 01:24:26 MST 2009

fatkhuroyan - wrote:

> hi,..
> when i execute ungrib.exe, i get trouble "error : Grib2 file or date
> problem, stopping in edition_num".
> please,someone could help me to solve this problem.....
> thanks...

Hi,
I had the same problem with GFS files and in that case the problem was
that some ASCII string was inserted into the GRIB2 files downloading
them using the get_gfs.pl (http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/wesley/
). In my case I could easily see the strings at the beginning of the
file opening it with a text editor, something like:

^M
> >--4934c7c03524^M

^M

Removing those lines the error vanished.
I hope this could help you

Irene

+------------------------------------+
  Irene Gallai

  Agenzia Regionale per la Protezione dell'Ambiente (ARPA FVG )
   Via Cairoli 14
   I-33057 Palmanova (UD) ITALY
   tel centr.: +39 0432 922611
   e-mail : irene.gallai at arpa.fvg.it
+------------------------------------+

AVVISO DI RISERVATEZZA
"Informazioni riservate possono essere contenute nel messaggio o nei
suoi allegati. Se non siete i destinatari indicati nel messaggio, o
responsabili per la sua consegna alla persona, o se avete ricevuto il
messaggio per errore, non dovete trascriverlo, copiarlo o inviarlo a
nessuno. In tal caso, dovete cancellare/distruggere il messaggio ed i
suoi allegati. Grazie."

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
"Confidential information may be contained in this message or in its
attachments. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, or
responsible for message delivering to that person, or if you have
received this message in error, you may not transcribe, copy or deliver
this message to anyone. In that case, you should delete/destroy this
message and its attachments. Thank you .