[Wrf-users] ECMWF data in WRF

Ravan Ahmadov rahmadov at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Sat Jan 31 14:45:01 MST 2009

Dear all,

Some of WRF users have contacted me because of the problem in using
ECMWF data on model levels  in WRFV3. Therefore I'd like to write to the
WRF mailing list about a solution for this problem. The problem was with
real.exe since it created a wrong wrfinput file. For example I got
potential temperature=0 K in some grid points. I've found that this is
because of "use_levels_below_ground" namelist option, which is "true" by
default (see namelist_defaults.inc file). When it is switched off the
interpolation works properly.

Hope this helps,
Ravan.

--
Dr. Ravan Ahmadov

Postdoc at Max-Planck-Institute for Biogeochemistry

Mailing Address:
P.O.Box 100164, 07701 Jena, Germany

Phone:    +49 3641 576361
Fax:      +49 3641 577300