[Wrf-users] Problem with ungrib

Andres Rodriguez andresr at astro.iam.udg.mx
Tue Jan 27 14:52:25 MST 2009

Hi,

I have been working with WPSV3 and WRFV3 since late september without
problems until last friday. The sysadm insist he has not make changes on
the system that day, but now whenever I run ungrib.exe all I get is the
following error message:

[wrf at wrf WPS3]$ more ungrib.log
2009-01-27 12:47:32.399 ---  *** StarPGFIO-F-231/formatted read/internal
file/error on data conversion.
  In source file geth_idts.f90, at line number 110

The files I use as input are the 0.5 degree GFS from ftpprd.ncep.noaa.gov
I really do not have a clue what could be wrong. Can anybody offer me some
hints where to look?

Thank you!